Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Well done England

Well done to the English cricket team for achieving a significant and thorough defeat of the Aussies. After the schellacking in the first test they were clearly the better team for the rest of the series even though the Aussies put up a good fight. They beat the Aussies at their own game and for that they deserve a lot of credit.

What a terrific series we witnessed. From the first ball through to the last there was drama aplenty. I just hope test cricket remains to be so absorbing.

As an aside, I am happy that the series is over. The time difference has meant I have had little sleep over the last few weeks; doing my best to watch as many overs as possible and willing my compatriots on. There is so much sport on and much of it is coming to an end for another year. It's the best of times, it's the worst of times.

Even though they were beaten by the better team I am pleased the Aussies kept at it. Also well done to Shane Warne who single-handedly kept the Aussies in the series. Whatever his flaws are as a person he is a brilliant cricketer - one of the very best of our times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home