Tuesday, July 26, 2005

NZ Election 2005 Part 2

Aaahh, so Aunty Helen has finally sent out the invites, asked for the Governor-General's blessing and announced an election date. Saturday 17th September. A rugby free day or is it? I better check the NPC fixture.

The date was hardly a surprise to those following what's been happening. Drag it out for as long as possible; hope the current polls are make believe.

I am looking forward to the next few weeks and what they will bring. No doubt we will see and hear about:
- mudslinging
- discrediting of the polls
- reiteration of the value of public polling
- promises that are made to be broken
- the worm saving someone
- leaders who are unfit to do anything other than tie a shoe lace
- lies and deception
- how Winston still has fans in Tauranga who are now celebrating their 90th birthdays
- the percieved influence the Yanks have had in certain policies
- Iraq and terrorism in general

I could go on and on. I probably have. There will be moments of humour and idiocy.

I wonder in Wellington Central when we will see Marion Hobbs? In some parts of Australia there are children who have grown up without ever seeing rain. Same thing here except substitue rain for Marion Hobbs. Not a criticism but an observation.

Having previously publicly declared myself to be a fool and idiot predictions do not scare me. I believe NZ will see a change of government some time in late September, early October. The make up of that government will be in the hands of the King of The Blue Rinse. I suspect a party or two might bite the dust. I suspect United will not be as influential. The election, put simply, will be about who can or can not accept Don Brash as the next Prime Minister. I know a few who will be only to happy to.

Disclaimer: Better put this on again to remind people that this comment and any other on this site can not be attributed to the organisation I am employed by [and still wish to be - nothing's changed there] and are my personal opinions and observations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home