Saturday, July 23, 2005

Foreign Correspondent

I have introduced a foreign correspondent to my blog. Not sure how regular the posts will be because that is dependent on the [unnamed] source emailing me with random tales of woe, tales of his life over in the Old Dart. If anyone does read these articles I hope you enjoy them. I certainly do.

Disclaimer: Any names mentioned in these pieces are purely fictitious. The events described, however, are a different story; nearly on par with 'Only in America'.

Here's the first correspondence ...
------------------

So its been a while since I sent one of those emails out that says what I have been up to that bores everyone. I therefore thought that it was time that I rectified this. Or am I?

We are off away this weekend to Cornwall. I have finally convinced Sarah to go camping so we went out and bought a tent last weekend. The whole trip almost got canceled yesterday though.

At lunch time I jumped on the bike to ride to town and had a slight accident.
Actually I did a bit of a superman over the handle bars, the boot of the car and did a commando roll on the ground. The blimin thing turned left right in front of me without indicating and I had nowhere to go. I got of easy with only a scratch on the arm and a sore wrist. Bike is ok. Could have been worse as I was not wearting a helmet. Lesson learnt and I am now wearing one again.
Believe me when I say I was cruising at the time seriously I was only doing about 25kms per hour. As it happened I was not thinking oh no, or oh jeez, but oh not again!

I reckon that you are more likely to stack while cruising than going hard out.
When you go hard out you concentrate and when you cruise you don't as you dont normally need to. I have now decided I should ride hard out most of the time.

I have been for a few rides lately. I rode up a big hill the other day and went flat out on the way down and managed to get to 85kmph. I was a bit scared but it was an open road and there was heaps of room to overtake a few cars. I can get to work from the flat in under 10 minutes. It usually takes me longer to get home though as I ride along the seafront and there are heaps of people to look at (Gotta love the European tourists) and you look cooler cruising than going hard out.

So anyway the trip is on afterall, as long as I get all the work done in the office that is. Its real busy here and is keeping me honest during the day. I still have major reservations over the English work ethic but that is a novel unto itself.

The thing that guts me about going away this weekend is that we are going to miss the German GP. Not happy about it, but I suppose I can miss one every 10 years or so. Anyways its not like Ferrari are going to win it. The car is so slow this weekend that the bugs keep flying into the back of it. The rules still suck the big one as well.

I hear that Messers Ridge and Ellis are looking like they are in a bit of hot water at home. I would be out the country as well.

Last week I made a significant step in assimilating myself into English Culture. I have joined up to the fantasy football league that all the guys in the office are in. I have a decent team if I do say so myself. Two players in my squad are named Paul Robinson. Obviously I know what I am doing. After the Lions tour I just want to make sure that i am not last.

Wilky-may need you to give me a few tips on decent football players.

Looks like I better go and surf the net. I have just heard that they have evacuated three tube stations in London including Shepards Bush.

Catch yas later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home