Sunday, July 03, 2005

To all Lions Supporters in NZ

I want to say thanks to all those who have ventured out to NZ and Wellington in particular. The colour, passion and sense of enjoyment has certainly livened up the city. I trust you have had a whale of a time [not withstanding some results ].

I just hope the locals can take a leaf out of your books.

Of all the people I witnessed being spoken to by the coppers around town all were Kiwis. It disappoints me that Kiwis, while being terrible losers, aren't that humble in victory either. Some of the rubbish the tourists had to put up with is not overly endearing.

I went to the game and had a brilliant time; in spite of the result it certainly was worth the extortionate amount of money the NZRU extracted from me. Also despite the shoddy treatment by WRFU etc over our seasons tickets at the Stadium and being shunted out, last night has helped me move on rather quickly.

The colour and noise we won't probably see here again for a long long time. I have got some great photos and memories and [somewhat] wish I was in Aussie in 2001.

I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting such a diverse lot. I look forward to seeing some of your lands when I, one day, get up off my arse and decide to venture further than the Stadium [oh and, my beloved Orstraya!]

Safe travelling to you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home