Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Sidnee or the bush

We are about to venture across the ditch to Sydney for a few days R&R. It is a place I love to visit - it has so many things to see and do. Not sure whether I would want to live there. There is a similar argument with Auckland here but I have lived there for a year. Not sure I really experienced it as I saw a lot of my apartment, work place and a couple of pubs in between.

We have planned quite a few things like shopping [of course!], going to watch a couple of league games and my beloved Collingwood at Telstra Stadium [formerly known as the Olympic Stadium or Stadium Australia]. We will also do a lot of the touristy things like the zoo, Sydney Tower, Opera House and Harboour Bridge.

I am really looking forward to a decent pizza. That is something I really miss. Just can't get a pizza like they make in Oz especially Melbourne. Must admit that Sydney food, while of a bloody good standard, is not as good as Melbourne food. I don't think it is my bias talking here. I always find that it comes up that little bit short but you decide.

I will take Melbourne over Sydney more often than not but as I get older I am starting to appreciate Sydney more and more. It's always different when you visit a place rather than live there.

I only have a week and a half to go until my break is over then back into it - the exciting world of a government organisation. I know that I will need a break to recover from the next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home