Friday, June 17, 2005

A toast to Rabs, Vossy et al

An email I sent to The Sunday Roast, a Rugby League forum shown on TV.....

[From the couch] I would like to toast the Nine league commentary team for their efforts in providing passionate, incisive, descriptive yet easy to understand commentary and analysis [all thrown in with a bit of humour]. In all the games covered I find them a pleasure to listen to. I always know where the ball is [even if I am not watching the TV], I will generally know why a team scored a try and I hear very little bias, if any, towards the teams the commentators might have an affinity with. And when the latter does happen it is more than appropriate.

I am an avid aussie rules supporter yet I find most of the commentary dull or unnecessary. Similarly with the commentary we have to put up with in NZ for the rugby. There are only a limited few here who say anything that adds value to what I am already seeing with my own eye. Generally, much of what is said is an insult to the intelligence. I want to know about some of the moves and positions I can’t see on TV. In that regard, I include the wider team [you’re not half bad yourself Vossy!] when I say that I really enjoy listening to them. Last night’s State of O was a classic example.

Keep up the good work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home