Sunday, July 17, 2005

Fanmail 12/07/05

I am not going to say that I agree with everything that you say on your Blog Ernie. Its inconsequential if I do or not. Anyway you know that I do not agree with a lot of what you come up with.

I am going to say that you should carry on with this blog. Its better than a lot of the tripe that is out there. So keep it up. I like a good laugh at work while eating my lunch and if the Service Levels on my queue are not enough of one the blog does the trick.

2-1 in the test series is one of the funniest things that I have heard this year. -Mind you I thought the same for a wee while.

My pick for Tri nations based on events of the last few weeks. Australia to win but not the Bledisloe. The former is what my head thinks, the latter is what my heart thinks. I think that the BIL were really that bad. I watched every game including the argentina game and think that they would have lost a test series to Argentina let alone NZ. I am not putting Argentina down in saying this. I rate the team. I think that they would roll any of the home nations given a full strength team and were robbed of a win in Cardiff.

The Ashes. Unlike you I have never lived in Aussie. I have lived in England though. I am going to support England in the Ashes. Not. I have so much respect for the Australian Cricket team and that smoking, drug taking, philandering, potty mouthed spin bowler (Shane Warne) that I am going to support Aussie.
There is an unwritten rule over here that Antipodeans stick together and by gove I am going to. Sure they have not looked all that good so far, but they can do it.

I heard a funny thing on the radio last week. An Aussie sports Journalist from Melbourne talking to Radio 5 (Radio Sport equivalent) about how hard the Aussies take a loss etc. the pommy git was saying that the Aussies take it to hard and should take a leaf from the English who are good at accepting losses from their sports teams and athletes. The Aussie was absolutely gobsmacked by the comments. Sorta explains the difference in attitude between the two nations I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home