Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The end of another chapter

I handed in my resignation from work last Tuesday [4th September]. My last day of work will be Thursday 27th September. Must say I had a myriad of emotions as I did so but there was one of overwhelming relief. Like something has been lifted from my shoulders.

Gotta admit it's a big call. I have decided to return to Melbourne, my home, and have yet to secure employment. It is daunting yet exciting. I don't know if it is the right move and whether the timing is right but I will find out sooner rather than later.

I have been with the same organisation since 1999 and even back then it was meant for only three months. Obviously lots of water under the bridge since then and with it experiences that range from the sublime to the ridiculous.

An immediate reflection is the many good, wonderful people I have met in New Zealand especially through my workplace. I have made many good friends who I hope to remain in contact with in years to come. I'll miss having my mum and stepdad a short plane flight away but they are never more than a phone call away. I will defintiely miss my ex partner. We were together for four years and in that time you do get to know somoene and used to them. We may have drifted apart in recent times but I am thankful for the great times with her.

It will be sad to say goodbye but a new life awaits back across the ditch. Lucky I don't need to change the title of my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home